Installing the Server API
After you successfully install BigFix, follow these steps to install the Server API on a Windows system:
- Download the BigFix Server API setup from the same place as the other BigFix installers. It has a name of the form: BigFix-BES-ServerAPI-9.5.xxx.0.exe. The numbers in the name correspond to the version. This version must match the version of the BigFix Server that you want to access with the API.
- After you download it, run the program. The installer window opens.
- Click Next. In the destination folder dialog you can select in which path you want to install the Server API.
- Click Next and then Install to start the installation. The installer creates a folder named BES Server API, typically in the BigFix Enterprise folder. In this folder are the API DLLs you need to access the platform.
- When the installation completes, click Finish to exit the installation wizard.
- Reboot the server.