The Excel Connector
IBM BigFix operators might find it useful to extract data on the BigFix Server for analysis and reporting. They either process the data themselves, or will often send the information to other consumers in Excel format.
The IBM BigFix Excel Connector is created to simplify the data extraction process. It has a Wizard-like interface that makes it easier to extract data from the BigFix Server without the need to write Session Relevance language.
In addition, the Connector has a built-in Session Relevance Editor to query Web Reports.
Note: The Session Relevance Editor is also included in the Session Relevance Tester, an additional BigFix tool dedicated to the development of custom Web Reports.
The BigFix Excel Connector has te following features:
- The built-in Session Relevance Editor, which:
- Allows free form session relevance.
- Returns results automatically split into Excel columns.
- Highlights Relevance Language syntax.
- The Query Wizard supports the extraction of data from some common BigFix objects such as Fixlets, Actions, Computer properties, and so on.
- Users can choose the available properties for the target objects. This makes extracting computer properties particularly easy.
- Filters can be created to limit and hone in on a particular data set.
- BigFix 7.2 and later.
- Supports Excel 2003, Excel 2007 and Excel 2010.
- Tested against Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 2008, on 32 and 64-bit variants.
Click this link and accept the license agreement to download the BigFix Excel Connector tool.