The Excel Connector
BigFix operators might find it useful to extract data on the BigFix Server for analysis and reporting. They either process the data themselves, or will often send the information to other consumers in Excel format.
The BigFix Excel Connector is created to simplify the data extraction process. It has a Wizard-like interface that makes it easier to extract data from the BigFix Server without the need to write Session Relevance language.
In addition, the Connector has a built-in Session Relevance Editor to query Web Reports.
The BigFix Excel Connector has the following features:
- The built-in Session Relevance Editor, which:
- Allows free form session relevance.
- Returns results automatically split into Excel columns.
- Highlights Relevance Language syntax.
- The Query Wizard supports the extraction of data from some common BigFix objects such as Fixlets, Actions, Computer properties, and so on.
- Users can choose the available properties for the target objects. This makes extracting computer properties particularly easy.
- Filters can be created to limit and hone in on a particular data set.
This product is provided "as is".
- BigFix 9.x, 10.x.
- .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Excel 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10.
For more details, refer to this link. You can also download the BigFix Excel Connector from this web site.