BigFix provides you with proprietary querying and scripting languages that you can use to retrieve and manipulate information or to run commands on client systems.
- The Client Relevance Language
- Use it to locally interrogate the client system to retrieve information. The information retrieved can be combined and correlated with other information in a Boolean expression to determine applicability relevance and success criteria. It can also be used to run analysis, to substitute variables in action scripts, and to generate automatic computer groups.
- The Session Relevance Language
- Use it to retrieve information from the BigFix database. The information retrieved can be displayed in custom dashboards or web reports, or used to integrate with external applications.
- The Action Script Language
- Use it to run commands, named actions, from within Fixlets and Tasks on relevant clients. These actions, run in sequence, fix the problem identified by the Applicability Relevance clause.