The login from the REST API Client to the BigFix REST API server uses basic access authentication.
The credentials are the credentials of a valid BigFix Console operator.
By default, the session times out after 5 minutes of idle time. You can modify this timeout from the BigFix Console as follows:
- Select the BigFix server in the Computers list and click Edit Settings.
- Set the desired value in minutes in the _BESDataServer_APIAuthenticationTimeoutMinutes setting.
- Restart the BigFix Server to activate the change.
The default HTTP Authentication Realm is:
- IBM BigFix Server for BigFix Server V9.2.6 and later
- IBM Endpoint Manager Server for BigFix Server with version earlier than 9.2.6.
As a best practice try not to depend on a hard-coded definition of HTTP Authentication Realm.
You can use the header field SessionToken supplied by the server as an authentication token by returning it in the same header until it expires on the server.