The BigFix REST API
The REST API is the primary programming interface to the BigFix Server. It allows you to perform the majority of the tasks available in the BigFix console by using a set of standardized and operating system independent methods. This API is also key if you want to automate activities, implement your custom BigFix user interface, or integrate with other applications.
Note: If you are new to REST API, navigate the following REST API Tutorial.
Navigate the REST API subtree on the right to access the following information:
- An introduction to the BigFix REST API architecture.
- The list of requirements and conditions for using the BigFix REST API.
- User Authentication
- The information needed for setting up and doing user authentication.
- Hints about BigFix REST API requests
- An overview about how to issue BigFix REST API requests. If you are new to BigFix REST API, read this part and then run the Quick Tutorial.
- Quick Tutorial
- A tutorial to get started with the methods and resources made available by the BigFix REST API.
- REST API resources
- A container listing, for each resource and for each supported method, the form to represent that resource in the REST API request.
- Schema files
- The information about the two XSD files, BESAPI.xsd and BES.xsd. The contents of these files describe how to represent each BigFix object type in XML format.
- Examples using cURL and python
- A list of samples showing how to implement common use cases.
- IEM Command-Line Interface
- The information about the lightweight command-line tool, included in the IBM BigFix Platform, that you can use as a REST Client.